We started to make some felt ornaments for my mom's Christmas tree this week. We thought we could finish 5 or 6 between the two of us, but we only managed to partially finish one gingerbread man (me) and one snowman (mom). I was inspired by this cute tutorial I saw. These crafters were obviously more experienced stitchers than I! I struggled with the blanket stitch to finish it off so I ripped it out and did a basic stitch in a matching color which was great for hiding the uneven stitches. I am just NOT a natural stitcher or sewing machine user!! That frustrates me a little...
So now I've just gotta stuff my gingerbread man. There doesn't seem to be any "stuffing" available on island, so I guess we will use cotton balls!!
Hopefully we can get a few more done over the weekend. I have some beaded snowflakes to work on for a little pink fuzzy tree. I'll let you know how it goes. Believe it or not - I could find the beading supplies I needed for this project.
Ttfn.
3 comments:
I love it! My mom, sister and I used to make those types of ornaments. You're inspiring - gives me hope. I thought I would get crafty and make holiday stockings this year. Turns out I have no time b/c Phoenix is on the move ALL OF THE TIME!! I have TONS of stuffing here in JA that I can send you!! Missed you guys over Thanksgiving.
no stuffing! how terrible! i go through more darn stuffing, i never buy enough bags at once...i really need to find a place to order it online...how did the cotton balls work?
sometimes when i'm in a pinch for photos i use those annoying plastic grocery bags....they work pretty well
BTW love your tree...so many lights!
smiles and hugs
lori
Lulu,
Love the pics. Good looking tree. happy b'day and congratulations. love and miss all of you. Miss David's smile everyday.
Auntie K
Post a Comment